Pain Management Experience
Medicine isn't my life - people are.
My lifelong commitment has been to help people live healthy, pain-free lives using the most advanced techniques available. Personalized care, compassion and an ability to listen are an important part of accomplishing pain free living.
Over 25 years of experience
With over 25 years of experience, I am grateful to be able to help people who suffer from pain every day. My approach is first to accurately and comprehensively assess the pain problems. A detailed history, review of medical records, review of past diagnostic tests, further testing if indicated all lay the foundation for an accurate diagnosis. Once the diagnosis has been reached, pain treatment can begin along with recovery of function and a return to normal life. A comprehensive approach means that we take the whole person into consideration. You must evaluate not just the MRI scan but look deeper into the patient as a whole person.
"A comprehensive approach means that we take the whole person into consideration."
I can reduce or eliminate their pain and improve their function. This improves the overall quality of their lives, regardless of their age or condition. As medical director of one of the longest established pain centers in Las Vegas, I am dedicated to offering personalized, compassionate care to my patients. That’s why we attract people from all over the country. Because they know we can help them in ways others cannot, always with compassion and gentle care.
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Board Certification in 1989
- Subspecialty Board Certification in Pain Management in 1998
- American Academy of Pain Management 1999
- Founder Kozmary Center for Pain Management 1998
- Undergraduate: University of California at San Diego, Revelle College, BA Chemistry 1979 Cum Laude
- Medical School: University of California at San Francisco, School of Medicine 1983
- Internship: University of California at San Francisco, Surgery 1983-1985
- Residency: University of California at San Francisco, Anesthesiology, 1985-1987
- Fellowship: University of California at San Francisco, Cardiovascular Anesthesia 1987-1988
Dr. Kozmary enjoys tennis, flying, travel, fitness training and watching his children grow.